Our client is one of the leading suppliers of security and detection systems for aviation,transportation, government and critical infrastructure. Our client is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join their development team. This position will work primarily for the largest and most visible projects for this division.
This role will plan, conduct and supervise engineering research, design and development assignments for project scope. The role will be responsible for estimating efforts of other engineers and contribute to the successful completion and on-budget requirements for a team of engineers. Responsible for making changes in procedures or objectives as it relates to methods, design or equipment to ensure successful completion of projects.
Essential Skills andDuties:
· Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinatesdetailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or totalproject of major magnitude and scope.
· Studies the operation of systems, selects majorcomponents to meet functional and operational requirements and determines theoptimum location and arrangement from an engineering, manufacturing and/orservice standpoint.
· Performs original highly complex analysis anddesign work of systems and component parts in accordance with specifications.
· Reviews and evaluates designs executed by othersto satisfy product/program requirements.
· Performs work, which involves a variety ofcomplex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability ofstandard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
· Supervises test programs, including preparationof test specifications from prototype equipment resulting from engineeringanalysis or design
· Assumes greater responsibility in coordinating,preparing, writing, costing and following through to completion technical bidand proposal efforts with little or no direct supervision.
· Performs various administrative and supervisoryfunctions including budget responsibility, scheduling, conferences, andpreparation of proposal and bids.
· Leads, coordinates and reviews the work of asmall staff of engineers and technicians; estimates personnel needs andschedules and assigns work to meet scheduled completion dates
· Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents inspecialty area and a good working knowledge of principles and practice ofrelated specialties.
· Excellent analytical as well as supervisoryskills required. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communicationskills are required for effective interface with all internal and externalcontacts.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment withstrong attention to detail.
· Demonstrated ability to deliver to requirementsand specifications. Technical skills with C, OOP, JAVA, DirectX, Windows-NT,Windows-2000, Windows-XP, Xwindows programming and opengl are optional.
· Several years of true development experience withC++, Linux/UNIX are required.
Required Education and/or Experience:
• BS, MS or MSCS in Computer Science relatedfield. Master’s degree preferred.
• 8 - 15 years experience in the analysis,evaluation, design and development of equipment or systems.
• Must successfully pass company and customerrequired government background screening to include credit history.